Author: Matthew Rogers
Last Updated: 3 August 2020
As a digital agency with a LOT of web hosting accounts, we feel we have a decent grasp on how to look for the best web hosting for India. For those that are short on time, check out our list below.
Best Web Hosting India
- Hostinger India – Best Value Web Hosting
- HostGator India – Runner-up Cheap Web Host
- A2 Hosting – Best Reseller Web Hosting
- SiteGround – Best WordPress Hosting
- InMotion Hosting – Great Small Business Hosting
- GreenGeeks – Best Green Web Host for Beginners
- CloudWays – Best Cloud Hosting
- DreamHost – Great Premium Host for Ecommerce
- BlueHost India – Great Web Host for Bloggers
About Our Web Hosting Reviews
While writing our website hosting reviews, we looked at a LOT of factors, but the main ones were ?? support and ? speed.
We chose those 2 because if either of those is subpar, it would have a huge impact on the potential success of your website.
A few of the brands/sites that link to our content:
Best Web Hosting India 2020 Reviews
Best Value Web Hosting
Price: Rs. 59
Disk space: 10 GB
Support: Live Chat, Tickets
Global reach: Yes
At ?59/mo, it’s really hard to beat Hostinger when it comes to value offered. Even though their single plan is extremely cheap, it still comes with 10GB of SSD disk space, quality 24/7 Support, and an incredibly smooth setup.
Their custom-built control panel is a joy to work with, and even comes with its own website builder. Though we would definitely recommend using WordPress (we LOVE WP) to build your site, it’s nice to know that they also have their own builder on offer in addition to the usual CMSs.
The thing we really like about them is their setup process, it’s very well thought out! Each step is beautifully designed and flow into the next. Before you know it, you have your domain name registered and website live. It’s impressive!
As mentioned in our Hostinger review, their 24/7 customer support is very responsive and helpful, which is pretty impressive as most budget hosts lack in support, but not Hostinger! A huge thumbs up from us in this area.
When it comes to the hosting types, they offer the basic shared hosting (most people will need this type), cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, and VPS hosting.
The shared hosting plans are as follows:
- Single Hosting plan: Super cheap and perfect to get your feet wet, it has most of the features of the premium plans. You’re allowed 1 site with this plan.
- Premium Hosting plan: For those that want to scale, a free domain name, unlimited sites, and double the power for your sites.
- Business Hosting plan: If you want to get really serious. All of the above features + daily backups, and even more server resources to make your business website as fast as possible.
In addition, on all hosting plans, they have a 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s honestly a no-brainer in our book!
- Super cheap
- Quality support
- Global network of servers
- Easy to use
Runner-up Cheap Web Host
Price: Rs. 99
Support: Phone, Live Chat, Tickets
Established way back in 2002, HostGator is indeed one of the most popular web hosting companies today (similar to the other big ones like Bluehost and Godaddy). Getting this as your web host will allow you to create professional-looking, functional, and beautiful sites – and it’s user-friendly as well.
They’re one of the few hosting providers that provide affordable plans with unlimited space and bandwidth, just to name a few. Their hosting solutions include shared, reseller, VPS, dedicated servers, WordPress, and Cloud.
You get more out of HostGator when you upgrade your plan. Right now, their Baby package is their most popular plan as it’s a great starting point. However, you can also start with a Hatchling plan especially if you just want to start with one website. Remember, it already comes with unmetered bandwidth even if it’s their cheapest plan. And of course, you can always upgrade to their Business plan should your needs demand more features.
Well, HostGator guarantees 99.9% uptime. And this guarantee comes with a promise that they’ll reimburse you a month’s credit should they fail on this commitment. However, with HostGator’s track record of consistent uptime, we doubt that you’ll ever get any reimbursements from them at all (and again, this is a good thing as you want uptimes and not compensations).
It’s for all the reasons above (and more below) why we gave them the number 1 spot. They truly deserve it, in our opinion.
Having fast and reliable servers is probably one of the reasons why HostGator is so popular.
Needless to say, users from all over the globe will also experience good speed when you host your website on HostGator (they have customers from all over the world, mind you). Their servers in the US are simply very powerful, that’s why.
HostGator prides itself of providing 24/7/365 customer support to their customers. There will always be a HostGator expert to help you out with your problems and concerns via live chat, phone, and email. Their knowledge base of articles is also very helpful if you’re into troubleshooting.
- Value for money
- Great speed
3. A2 Hosting
Best Reseller Web Hosting
Price: USD $3.92
Disk space: Unlimited
Support: Phone, Live Chat, Tickets
Global reach: Yes
You probably haven’t heard about A2 Hosting – but it has actually been around since 2001. And although they kept a low profile all these years, they actually have a good reputation among users. In fact, they almost always enter top 10 reviews on website hosting (yes, they’re that good).
A2 Hosting comes with 3 shared hosting packages, as follows:
- Lite – For only $3.92 per month, this package will allow you to have 1 website, an email account, unlimited storage space, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Swift – For $4.90 per month, their Swift plan offers 2 times the resources on their cheapest plan. You can have an unlimited number of websites (with email accounts) with this plan and get unlimited storage space and unlimited bandwidth as well.
- Turbo – As A2 Hosting’s fastest plan, this package costs $9.31 per month. Aside from unlimited websites, unlimited storage space, and unlimited bandwidth, the plan also includes A2 Hosting’s site accelerator.
Looking at their hosting solutions, you can see that you’ll get more features and speed as your plan upgrades.
Here’s what we like best about A2 Hosting – their Anytime money-back guarantee. They do have a standard 30-day money-back guarantee but they also have the Anytime money-back guarantee for those who subscribe to their longer plans.
So, if you decide to pay for 3 years to save on money (longer plans have the biggest discounts in hosting packages, you know) and then decide to cancel your plan after let’s say 1 year – they’ll give you a refund equivalent to the unused 2 years (prorated). There are some caveats to this, however – your domain registration fee and migration fee (if any) won’t be refunded. Still, their Anytime money-back guarantee is out of this world.
As for their uptime guarantee, they are committed to giving their customers 99.9% uptime. Realistically speaking though, they’re not perfect in this area – but still good.
Look at the name of their pricing plans and you’ll notice that there’s one common theme – speed (Lite, Swift, Turbo). Well, you really are guaranteed to have a speedy site with A2 Hosting (that’s their best point). So, just think of their plans this way – one is fast, the other one is faster, and the last one is the fastest.
A2 Hosting’s support team is good. Their knowledge base is full of helpful articles that’ll prove to be helpful if you’re troubleshooting stuff. And if you want to talk to someone, you can do so via e-mail, phone, and live chat.
- Web servers in the US, Europe, and Singapore (SG is great for NZ sites)
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth on all plans
- Anytime money back guarantee
- No servers in India
- The cheapest plan is limited and not very fast
- 99.9% uptime guarantee is not that reliable
Best WordPress Hosting
Price: USD $6.99
Disk space: 10 GB
Support: Phone, Live Chat, Tickets
Global reach: Yes
Founded in 2004, SiteGround now hosts over a million websites all around the world. Their hosting options include shared, WordPress, dedicated servers, and cloud. Their powerful servers located all over the globe makes it possible to cater to the needs of their users. In fact, SiteGround is recommended by WordPress itself. But of course, it can host other Content Management Systems (CMS) as well.
SiteGround is most popular for its shared plans. They have 3 pricing systems for this, and we’ll tell you more about them in the list below.
- StartUp – This is their recommended plan for starting a web presence. With an introductory price of $6.99 per month, you’re allowed 1 website and given 10GB storage space. You can also have up to 10,000 visitors monthly.
- GrowBig – SiteGround recommends this package for growing sites. For $9.99 per month, you can have an unlimited number of websites along with 20GB storage space and 25,000 visitors monthly.
- GoGeek – If you want the best of SiteGround, they’re offering their top-tiered plan for an introductory price of $14.99. It comes with unlimited websites, 30GB storage space, and 100,000 visitors monthly.
SiteGround’s plan names give you an idea as to what you’re getting. If you’re just after their essential features, you can settle for (or start with) their StartUp package. However, if you want premium features with your package, choose their GrowBig plan. Go for their GoGeek plan if you want the best (geeky features) included in your package.
SiteGround is also one of the bold hosting providers that give 99.9% uptime – and some remuneration if they fail on this promise. Keep in mind, however, that we’re talking about 99.9% uptime average annually, not monthly.
So, here’s the deal. They’ll give you free hosting for one month when their annual uptime falls anywhere between 99.0 to 99.9%. And if it falls even lower than that, they’ll give you 1 month for every percentage. Wow. But then again, SiteGround has a really good uptime record – chances are slim that they’ll ever fall below their 99.9% annual uptime guarantee.
SiteGround’s data servers (found in the UK, Chicago, Netherlands, and Singapore) are very VERY reliable. They’re powerful enough for global reach, that’s for sure. What’s more, SiteGround also comes with free CDN (CloudFlare) which also contributes to its site speed.
There are lots of ways to connect with SiteGround specialists – they have phone, live chat, and e-mail support available 24/7.
- Great customer support
- Multiple data centres around the world
- Recommended by WordPress
- Great security setup to tackle malware and other attacks
- No servers in India
- High renewal rates
- No free domains
5. Inmotion Hosting
Great Small Business Hosting
Price: USD $6.39
Support: Phone, Live Chat, Tickets
Global reach: No
InMotion has been building a good reputation since its first conception in 2001. Today, it powers around 300,000 websites with customers from all over the world. Their hosting options include shared, VPS, reseller, WordPress, and dedicated servers.
By focusing on business-level hosting, InMotion has these 3 shared hosting plans:
- Launch – They’re offering an introductory price of $3.99 for this (regular price is $7.99). You can have up to 2 websites and get unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth.
- Power – Their mid-priced plan has an introductory price of $5.99 (regular price is $9.99). For this plan, you’re allowed up to 6 websites and get unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth as well.
- Pro – Their highest-price plan now has an introductory price of $13.99 (regular price is $15.99). With this, you can have an unlimited number of sites and also get unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth.
Know that the Power plan is 2 times better than the Launch plan (their cheapest plan). However, their Pro plan is 2 times better in features and performance than the Power plan. Therefore, each plan gets better and better as you upgrade.
As for InMotion’s uptime guarantee, they’re committed to providing their customers 99.95% uptime guarantee. And yes, they can more or less deliver on this – they’re reliable, that’s why they made this list.
InMotion has a decent speed. In fact, their speed is more than decent – they’re fast. This is good for SEO and overall user experience.
If speed is one of your main concerns, know that InMotion is a safe bet in this area.
InMotion has a lot of options for customer support from extensive documents (articles in their knowledge base) to e-mail (ticketing system) to phone support to live chat to skype communication. However, note that they get mixed reviews when it comes to the quality of their support options. Most of the time they’re good – but there are also times when they’re not-so-good in this aspect of their business.
- Generous money back guarantees (30 days for shared, 90 days for VPS and reseller)
- Reliable uptime
- Unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth even on their lowest plan
- Servers are only in the US
- Expensive renewal plans
- Long verification process especially for people outside the US
Best Green Web Host for Beginners
Price: USD $2.95
Disk space: Unlimited
Support: Phone, Live Chat, Tickets
GreenGeeks was founded in 2008 and it made it into our list of the best web hosting for a lot of reasons (as you’ll soon find out). They have a lot of hosting options such as shared, reseller, WordPress, and VPS. And with their powerful data centers in Phoenix, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, and Amsterdam, their worldwide customers are benefiting from their services.
What sets GreenGeeks apart from its competitors (including those on this list) is their commitment to the environment. They’re an eco-friendly web host and they put back 3 times (300%) the power they consume into renewable energy. Yes, their customers’ websites are all powered by renewable energy. Isn’t that amazing?
If you’re environment-conscious like us, you’ll be proud to be a part of GreenGeek’s efforts in helping mother nature. You can even opt to use their green certification badge on your website to further spread awareness.
GreenGeeks uptime commitment is 99.9% and we can tell you that they have a record of staying within this percentage.
Speed is actually one of GreenGeeks’ strongest points – they prioritize this area in their service and it shows in their performance. Aside from having powerful servers, they also use SSD for storage instead of HDD (SSD is faster). They also utilize CDN in their services (they’re using CloudFlare).
GreenGeeks’ support team is a reliable bunch. They have a 24/7 ticketing system (e-mail), phone support, and chat. Their knowledge base includes helpful articles and tutorials on different categories (e.g. website, domain, hosting, etc.).
- Environment-friendly setup (super green!)
- Unlimited storage space and unlimited bandwidth on all plans
- 30-day money back guarantee
- No servers in India
- Introductory prices are only good for 3-year payments.
Best Cloud Hosting
Price: USD $10
Disk space:?25 GB
Support: Phone, Live Chat, Tickets
CloudWays, as its name suggests, is a cloud hosting provider. It’s been around since 2012 and is steadily growing throughout the years.
Acting as the bridge between customers and hosting providers, it makes everything easier for their users. The way it works is that you choose a content management system (e.g. WordPress) and then choose a server for your site. Your option can be any of the following:
Here’s what you’ll get with their starter plans:
- DigitalOcean Starter Plan ($10) – 20GB space, 1GB RAM, 1TB bandwidth.
- Vultr Starter Plan ($11) – 25GB space, 1GB RAM, 1TB bandwidth.
- GCE Starter Plan ($33.30) – 20GB space, 1.7GB RAM, 2TB bandwidth.
- AWS Starter Plan ($36.51) – 4GB space, 1.75GB RAM, 2TB bandwidth.
- Linode Starter Plan (12) – 25GB space, 1GB RAM, 1TB bandwidth.
If you’re considering getting a cloud hosting provider, note that CloudWays is one of the best (if not the best – again, that’s why they made it to our list).
You’re guaranteed fast server speeds when you choose to go for a cloud hosting provider. The reason for this is that cloud hosting involves the use of clusters of servers located all around the world. Should a user need a lot of resources, other servers are always there as backups. Chances of shut down when overloaded are, therefore, slim to zero chance.
CloudWays has a knowledge base of articles on their website. And of course, you can always get all the information you need on the internet (via documentation, video tutorials, forums, etc.).
If you want to talk to an expert, you can also contact Cloudways’ support team 24/7 via live chat, phone, and e-mail (ticketing system).
- Host unlimited number of websites
- Highly scalable
- Multiple providers
- Plans are quite expensive
- Some technical knowledge needed
- No control panel
Great Premium Host for Ecommerce
Price: $7.95 (USD)
Support: Phone, Live Chat, Tickets
You’re probably familiar with DreamHost as it’s been around since 1996. It now hosts around 1.5 million sites and the numbers are growing every day.
Their hosting options include shared, dedicated, VPS, cloud, and WordPress. Their most popular one is shared hosting and you can subscribe to a plan and pay monthly, yearly or triennially (every 3 years). More detailed descriptions of their hosting plans are listed below.
- Shared Starter – With an introductory price of only $2.59 a month, this plan allows you to have 1 website and a free domain for 1 year (if you pay upfront for 1 whole year). You’ll also get unlimited traffic, unmetered bandwidth, SSD storage, and free SSL certificate.
- Shared Unlimited – At $5.95 (introductory price), this plan allows for unlimited websites, free domain for 1 year (if paid yearly), unlimited traffic, unmetered bandwidth, SSD storage, and free SSL certificate.
As you can see, DreamHost only has 2 pricing plans for its shared hosting option. The Shared Starter package is great for startups while the Shared Unlimited is more intended for business sites. You can go for the cheapest plan just to test things out – with the knowledge that you can upgrade at any time.
What impressed us the most with DreamHost is their uptime guarantee of 100%. It’s actually included in their terms of service – that their customers will be compensated should they fail to deliver on this promise.
So, here’s the deal. They’ll credit you a full day’s hosting for every hour of downtime on their part. There are exceptions to this, however, such as announced downtimes and service interruptions. Also, there’s a maximum customer compensation of 10% on the next renewal fee. All in all, it’s still a good deal.
Also, note that downtimes will be counted based on customer reports. You’ll have to submit a ticket and report the problem for the downtime to be counted. Still, it’s all good – as you know they’ll strive their best not to have downtimes in order to not lose money in the process.
DreamHost’s speed is good – but not as good as the main contenders in this report. Remember, the ideal page load time is 1 second or less. And DreamHost sometimes struggles in this area (but only a bit).
As far as customer support is concerned, DreamHost sure can deliver. They have 24/7 live chat, which is great. You can also contact them via email and through their Twitter account. And of course, they also have a knowledge base of useful articles and forums for discussions.
Note that they don’t have phone support. However, they provide the option of subscribing to their callback feature. You’ll need to pay extra for this, though (it’s still a good option, in our opinion).
- 97-day money back guarantee for credit card payments (shared hosting only)
- Quality plans
- 100% uptime guarantee
- No money back guarantee on other plans
- No servers in India
- Expensive renewal fees
Great Web Host for Bloggers
Price: $3.95 (USD)
Disk space:?50 GB
Support: Phone, Live Chat, Tickets
BlueHost is a very large hosting provider. Together with its sister Companies (HostMonster, iPage, and FastDomain), it’s now hosting over 2 million websites all around the globe. Their hosting options include shared, dedicated, VPS, and cloud – with their most popular hosting service being shared hosting.
BlueHost’s shared hosting come with 4 pricing plans:
- Basic Plan – With an introductory price of $3.95 (regular price is $7.99), you can create 1 website while in this plan. It also comes with 50GB SSD storage space, unmetered bandwidth, a domain name, an email account, and free SSL certificate.
- Plus Plan – For only $5.95 as introductory price (regular price is $10.99), you can create an unlimited number of websites with this plan. You’ll also get unlimited SSD storage space, unmetered bandwidth, and free SSL certificate.
- Choice Plus – Also with an introductory price of $5.95 (regular price is $14.99), you get unlimited websites, unlimited SSD storage space, unmetered bandwidth, and free SSL certificate with this plan.
- Pro Plan – Their most expensive plan now has an introductory price of $13.95 (regular price is $23.99). This comes with unlimited websites, unlimited SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, and free SSL.
Needless to say, you’ll get more features, power, and speed as you upgrade your plan. What’s unusual with BlueHost’s introductory prices is that they’re offering the same rate for the Plus and Choice Plus plans. While the higher-priced plan (in regular rates) has the same introductory rate as the cheaper plan, note that it comes with higher renewal rates.
As for their uptime guarantee, BlueHost is committing to 99.99% uptime. And believe us when we say that they’re truly one of the most reliable Companies when it comes to uptime.
You won’t have a problem with speed when you choose to go for BlueHost as your hosting provider. They come with free CDN (CloudFlare) and you simply need to activate this on your control panel to use it.
BlueHost has a help center with helpful articles and guides for their customers. If you want to talk to their support team, you can reach them via e-mail (ticketing system) or live chat (24/7).
- Good security
- Competitive prices
- High renewal rates
- No refund option for domain names
- Site migration services aren’t free
Table of Contents
- About Our Web Hosting Reviews
- Best Web Hosting India 2020 Reviews
- Which type of web hosting do you need?
- Best Web Hosting for WordPress
- Best Free Web Hosting
- Best Cheap Web Hosting
- Best Small Business Web Hosting
- Best Web Hosting for Ecommerce
- Best Web Hosting for Resellers
- Best Web Hosting for Beginners
- Best Web Hosting for Blogs
- Best Web Hosting for Developers
- Best Web Hosting for node.js
- Best Drupal Hosting
- Best Joomla Hosting
- Best HTML Web Hosting
- Best Magento Hosting
- Best Linux Hosting
- Best Java Hosting
- Web Hosting Comparisons by Country
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does web hosting cost in India?
- Which server location is best for India?
- Can I host my own website?
- Can you have a website without hosting?
- Where can I host my website for free?
- Which domain is best?
- How can I get a free domain?
- Is Hostinger safe?
- Does Google host websites for free?
- Can you code your own website for free?
Which type of web hosting do you need?
Which web hosting provider should I go with is one of the most common questions we get (and the one on how to actually build a website). While you can search the web endlessly, it’s easier to decide which one to go with when you have all the information at hand.
This section will help you in selecting your favourite hosting provider based on specific factors and the purpose of the site. Below you’ll find the most important features to review when searching for the best web hosting company!
You’ll want to make sure the hosting service you use is based in or around India (Singapore is probably your best bet here). The reason for this is simple. If you base your website in another country than it will result in issues with speed. You’ll experience delays, slower load times, and just general lag.
Storage matters because it determines how many files you can upload onto your website. For small businesses or maybe a blog, a simple website could do and will only require a few gigabytes. Unfortunately, if you’re a bigger company or just have a bigger project in mind than you’ll need as much storage space as you can get. You’ll want to take advantage of hosting services that offer SSD drivers that perform better than the standard drive used.
Having an SSL certificate is a must these days! It means having a secure site (https://) and Google likes it too, as they make it no secret that having an SSL certificate is one of the ranking factors to rank in their search results. Luckily, SSL certificates are free these days, and most web hosting providers offer them. If you don’t have SSL enabled yet, you can get a free certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
When looking for the best web hosting in India, you’ll want to search for a service that provides good server uptime. Basically, 99.9% of web hosts in India promise optimal uptime. The promises are not always to be trusted. Before dedicated yourself or your company to a service, be sure to research and read reviews of the web host you’re considering to get a general consensus on how good the uptime is.
A big feature to look out for is support, both service and customer. While many view them as the same type of support. Having good service and customer support is about being able to properly articulate how to fix problems and technical issues while making sure the customer feels valued and satisfied. Good support is a must! It’s a good idea to look up user reviews of the support services, as they’re not created equal, like we found out in our InMotion Hosting vs Bluehost comparison.
A feature not to be forgotten, but often is, is the backup system. Any person that has worked with a computer in any capacity knows that backing up your files and data is essential. When creating a website through a web hosting server, it’s extremely important that you backup your database, email files, and website on an almost daily basis. When choosing the best website hosting in India, be sure to check how often the service backups your database and if they charge a fee for back restore.
Number of allowed addon domains/sites
For startups that are looking for the simplest web hosting plan, you’ll probably only need a single website. A web hosting service that offers only a single domain is also the cheapest options, but if you’re looking to add more websites and email accounts, you need to be sure your web hosting can support it. While most web hosting plans allow for as many subdomains as you like, you have to be sure they can support more domains if that’s what your business needs.
We’ve also categorised our favourite hosting providers by type, industry, and purpose of the site.
Best Web Hosting for WordPress
The majority of sites that use a CMS use WordPress. Therefore, there are endless WordPress hosting options in the world ?— some specifically for India.
Our evaluation of WordPress hosting includes looking for a one-click WordPress install option, auto-updates, and expert WordPress support. All three elements are incorporated in most Managed WordPress plans. Apart from that, we look for high speed, low server response time, nearly 100% uptime, sufficient storage, and ample bandwidth.
Based on all those evaluation factors, we tested dozens of top of the line WordPress hosting services.
The best WordPress hosts:
Best Free Web Hosting
Don’t want to get philosophical here but: Anything worth having costs. So, if you’re thinking of choosing a free web hosting, we would suggest not to. The only exceptions being- a) It’s a teeny-tiny project of little to no significance, or b) You want to host a school/college project temporarily.
Otherwise, it’s a bad idea because:
- The servers are congested.
- The uptime is terrible.
- The hosting company can ban your site even for using slightly more resources. To get your site back up, they will ask to upgrade to a premium plan.
- Customer support is non-existent.
- To generate revenue, the hosting company can show ads on your site.
In short, it has everything a good hosting company shouldn’t have. Still, if you want to go with free hosting in India, this is the best free hosting provider:
For more information, have a look at our page comparing?the best free hosting providers.
Best Cheap Web Hosting
At the starting stage of building an online business, everyone needs a website/hosting. That’s a fact. Another fact is, when starting out, individuals/businesses don’t have a lot of budget for something trivial (in their viewpoint) like hosting. So, low-cost is their priority.
Thanks to the competition in the heavily saturated hosting market, there are some terrific hosts ?— providing fantastic speeds, support, needed hardware, and uptime ?— at a very affordable cost. If one wants to, these hosts can be categorized in the “underpriced” segment.
In India, the best cheap hosting providers are:
For more information, have a look at our page comparing the best cheap web hosts.
Best Small Business Web Hosting
Depending on the potential and the goal of the website, a small Indian business will need shared hosting or VPS hosting.
- Shared Hosting: This type of hosting is for small businesses expecting little to average traffic on their website. It’s mostly preferred because of its affordable costing.
- VPS: Virtual Private Server (VPS) plans are costlier than shared plans. VPS is preferred for its slightly higher speeds and traffic handling capacity.
If you are planning to add e-commerce functionality to your website, we would suggest going with VPS.
Either way, these are the best web hosts for small businesses:
For more information, have a look at our page comparing?the best small business hosting providers.
Best Web Hosting for Ecommerce
India has the fastest online retail market growth in the world. Because of cheap internet access and rapid adaptation of the digital world, this vastly populated country’s e-commerce market growth is unstoppable.
If you want a piece of that pie, you need to start an e-commerce store. And for that, you will definitely need hosting, unless you plan to sign up with marketplaces like Amazon or Flipkart.
Our suggestion would be to choose a VPS or cloud plan from one of the following providers. They are perfectly optimized for e-commerce platforms like Woocommerce and Magento, have high-performing servers that barely go down, and incredible customer support.
The best hosting companies for ecommerce:
Best Web Hosting for Resellers
Reselling hosting plans in India can be highly profitable.
Becoming a “digital entrepreneur” is an aspiration for many Indian youngsters ?— just like with youths of most other countries. From a wider viewpoint, however, that “many” is too many due to the sheer population of the country. Meaning, there are a lot of potential customers for hosting providers in India.
Plus, many of the beginners do not have a lot of budget, so pricing can be your USP. Buy a reseller plan, divide it, and sell it to starters with very limited traffic generating capabilities.
Where to buy from? These are the best reseller hosting providers:
Best Web Hosting for Beginners
In our experience, most beginners look for two things: Affordability and Accessibility.
- Affordability: Newcomers don’t have a lot of money to pour in high-quality hosting. They want decent hosting on a limited budget.
- Accessibility: Neither do they have any technical expertise. So convenience is a major factor.
Keeping both in mind, we filtered quality shared plans that are easy to use. By easy to use, we mean anyone can set up and manage their website using the hosting provider’s knowledgebase, video tutorial, or technical support. Moreover, a great UI/UX was also part of the equation.
Among the ones we tested for India, these are the best web hosts for beginners:
Best Web Hosting for Blogs
“Who teaches an Indian YouTuber?” is a popular meme because if you want to learn anything, especially IT-related, there’s always a guy/girl with video tutorials. Similarly, there are many Indians doing the same with blogs, i.e., text format.
If you wish to be one and monetize your knowledge in the future, you need to invest in good web hosting.
Simply put, high-grade hosting has a few elements such as below-recommended server response time, fast loading speed, nearly 100% uptime, a great technical support team, and all the needed features.
The best hosting providers for blogs:
Best Web Hosting for Developers
Over the years, with the evolution of CMSs & website builders, hosting companies have made their services easier for common people to use. That’s a great thing, of course. However, web developers don’t want things on a silver platter.
Alongside high-performing hardware and ideal uptime, web developers demand:
- A more complex environment that can be controlled directly by them.
- Support for their preferred coding language. E.g., PHP is the standard in the hosting business, so if the developer uses PHP, most shared plans will do it. However, something like Node.js or Java need a distinct environment, and one won’t be able to execute the code in a shared environment.
In our experience, these are the best hosting providers for developers and agencies in India:
Best Web Hosting for node.js
Node.js is an open-source server environment preferred by enterprise-level businesses or any business-related websites as that matter. Why?
- Real-time apps (like live chat) are faster with Node.js because of its single-threaded nature ?— it handles event-based callbacks on a single thread;
- Node Package Manager (NPM) helps make the process of development productive; etc.
If you are a Node.js developer, you obviously know all these benefits.
So, without any further ado, these are the best hosting for node.js in India:
Best Drupal Hosting
Like WordPress, Drupal is also a content management system (CMS). Though it’s not as popular as WordPress, it is used for its versatility, complexity, and security. The primary reason why Drupal is not as popular as WordPress is- Drupal demands coding/technical skills, unlike WordPress.
We tried out some solid web hosting options that offered one-click Drupal installation and migration with ease.
For India, these are the best Drupal hosts:
Best Joomla Hosting
Joomla is the second most popular CMS in the world. It’s only a fraction of WordPress’s market share, though. Still, many use it for its simplicity & flexibility, huge community, and a myriad of themes and extensions.
If you are one of them, looking for hosting, and from India, we have tested the best options in the business. Our criteria were pretty straightforward. Three things:
- Solid hosting: A host with fantastic loading speeds, uptime, and features.
- Joomla optimized: A host that has the option for one-click or automatic Joomla installation. Also, it should offer Joomla site migration.
- Joomla support: One with a support team that loves Joomla.
After filtering, these are the best Joomla hosts:
Best HTML Web Hosting
If you don’t know already, every hosting is an HTML web hosting. HTML is the standard markup language used to display anything on a web browser. So, if there’s no HTML, there’s no website.
Therefore, choosing the “best HTML web hosting” wasn’t that hard for us. We merely have to list the best overall hosts ?— hosts that offer amazing response time, store data on high-performance drives, give almost 100% uptime, have incredible customer support, and a lot of features for the price.
In general, these are the best HTML hosting for India:
Best Magento Hosting
Magento is one of the best and perhaps the premiumest (if that’s even a word) e-commerce platform. Big businesses with big budgets and big-scale stores use Magento, in general. However, there’s no entry barrier from their side, but small stores prefer something cheap & practical like Woocommerce.
Anyway, if you are launching a big store in India and using Magento for development, quality hosting should be ?— and most probably is ?— your priority. Ideally, a VPS plan or cloud plan with plenty of storage, RAM, and CPU resources from one of these hosting companies will do the job.
The best Magento hosting providers:
Best Linux Hosting
In general, Linux Hosting is a fantastic choice because it supports just about everything you need ?— may it be a WordPress blog or an online store. Moreover, you don’t need to install or know Linux to use/manage Linux hosting ?— for that, there’s cPanel.
Besides, almost every hosting you have heard of is Linux hosting. The reason? Its open-source stage/framework!
The best Linux hosts:
Best Java Hosting
Java’s device-independence makes it one of the most popular programming languages of all time. To run a Java-based application on a server, Java-supported hosting is necessary — no surprises here!
A Java hosting is the one that has Java software installed on it. Moreover, because Java is a heavy, resource-demanding language, a shared plan won’t cut it. You need to go with a VPS plan or dedicated plan — anything with high performance, basically.
In India, among the hosting providers that support Java and offer the needed packages (i.e., resources), the best Java hosts are:
Web Hosting Comparisons by Country
We also have?other web hosting comparisons, focused on different countries like:
- Best Web Hosting Australia
- Best Website Hosts in Canada
- Best Web Hosting UK
- Best Web hosting for Malaysia
- Best Web Hosting Pakistan
- Best Web Hosting NZ
- Best Web Hosting Indonesia
- And many more…
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does web hosting cost in India?
The cost of web hosting in India depends on one’s requirements. Whether they need a shared plan or VPS, cloud hosting or dedicated server, 2 GB memory or 4GB, and so on and so forth.
Typically, most need a good value for money shared hosting. And that costs somewhere between 50 INR and 250 INR, if introductory pricing offers of quality companies are considered.
Which server location is best for India?
Ideally, a server as near as the target user is the best. So, for India, the best server location is in India. However, if there’s a hosting provider that offers overall better services but doesn’t have a server in India, it can still be chosen if
- It has a data center in Asia,
- Or it offers free CDN integration.
Can I host my own website?
If you want to host your own website on your personal computer, yes, you can! However, you need to be aware of two things:
- You must know to set up a server and install the platform/CMS you need.
- Neither your device nor your internet can go down. Both things mean your website is offline.
Overall, you can host your own website, but it will still cost you time and money.
Can you have a website without hosting?
Yes, you can have a website without hosting, but there’s no point in it. You can simply code a webpage with HTML on your local system, and it’s technically a website. But, no one except the ones with access to your PC can see it. For the world to see it, it needs to be hosted on a live server!
Where can I host my website for free?
If you want to host your domain for free, there are a few free hosting providers in the market. E.g., 000WebHost and Infinityfree. Remember, though- What you pay is what you get.
If you are okay with a subdomain, you can try Blogger, WordPress, Wix, etc.
Which domain is best?
Any domain that serves your website’s purpose is the best. Generally, .com, .net, and .org extensions are preferred. Apart from that, there are many different TLDs for different purposes. E.g., .edu, .biz, .live, .agency, etc.
How can I get a free domain?
The only way to get a free domain is to buy a service alongside which a free domain is offered. E.g., Hostinger offers a free domain with some of its plans.
Is Hostinger safe?
Hostinger is one of the most reliable hosting providers at a global stage. It practices top-notch security and privacy policies. Plus, Hostinger has a dedicated cybersecurity team.
Does Google host websites for free?
Google is a technology company and not a hosting company. If you are talking about making your site visible on its search engine, yes, it’s free. But, if you want to know if its hosting option ?— Google cloud ?— is free, then the answer is no. Google cloud does offer free credits for first time users, but it’s not free.
Can you code your own website for free?
If you have the appropriate knowledge ?— of HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, and/or anything else you prefer ?— sure, you can code your website for free.